Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Overcoming Weight-loss Challenges, Recipes & Testimonials

Here is an exerpt from my book:

Weight loss is a life long struggle for so many. When I became a lifestyle coach I was amazed at how many people are so undisciplined in leading a healthy lifestyle. As author Hannah Whitehall Smith put it, “The greatest burden we have to carry in life is self; the most difficult thing we have to manage is self.” Training ourselves to lead a disciplined lifestyle takes work, especially in a world that says, “If it feels good do it!” Denying self is unpopular but necessary to leading a truly happy and satisfying life. Self discipline is a true friend that protects us and keeps us from a destructive lifestyle.
Many have tried to be disciplined by trying several fad diets, but have failed miserably. They may lose weight, but usually gain back even more than they started with! Their eating is as unhealthy as ever, they skip meals and fail to put exercise into their lifestyle.
I have had the privilege of coaching people and seeing their lives change. Not because of what I’ve said or done, but because they have finally realized they have control. It’s up to them to choose to change. Instead of letting the cookie control them, they make the choice to control themselves!
There is hope! I have seen unhealthy lifestyles of people that I’ve known for years change. These were people that had no desire to change at first until they realized how much better they felt after making minor, then major changes. They have made the effort and have won the battle. The mind is a battle field and we must constantly be on alert so as not to fall back into old habits.
In my coaching I assist my clients in changing lifestyle habits. The three areas we work on are: educating on eating healthy low glycemic foods, modifying behavior and exercise.
In this book I will not only have some tasty, healthy, low glycemic recipes, but I will also address some weight loss challenges my clients have experienced, (names have been changed for privacy). I will include testimonials from clients I have coached and clients that two of my business partners have coached.
You will read about the frustrations, failures and victories each has experienced while trying to lose weight and lead a healthier and more disciplined lifestyle. Read on and you will discover how many have overcome. You never know, you could also make the decision to transition into a healthier, happier you!

No comments:

Post a Comment