Flour, wheat, whole grain 1 ¼ cup or gluten free pancake mix
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
Baking soda ½ tsp
1 ½ cup Coconut milk
2 large Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tbsp Butter, unsalted
1 Tbsp coconut oil or coconut butter
Baking powder ½ tsp
Old fashioned rolled oats ½ cup
1 Cup berries, apples or bananas
½ Cup chopped walnuts if desired
1. Mix flour (whole wheat pastry flour), flax seed, oatmeal, baking powder, and baking soda.
2. Stir in 1 ½ cups coconut milk, the eggs (beaten) and butter (melted) until smooth and vanilla. (Stir in a little more coconut milk if batter becomes too thick. For waffles, just add 1 more egg and tbsp oil.
3. Stir in berries, bananas & nuts
4. For pancakes, melt coconut oil in griddle and place over medium heat.
5. Pour 2-3 tbsp of batter into frying pan.
6. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles from on top of pancakes. Flip the pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
7. For waffles, add about 1 cup of batter to a hot waffle iron and close the lid. Allow waffle to cook until steam no longer comes out of the sides or until waffle is light brown and slightly crisp. Top with fruit.